Hello,

> Have you tried another brand CF cart? Sunrise advises against using CF
> carts < 32MB because the chance for incompatibilities is much bigger for
> those. However I can imagine some (cheap-ass ;)) CF carts could still
> give trouble. If that doesn't work either though I'm rather starting to
> think along the lines of the CF-IDE being broken.

My test showed me that a 16mb lexar CF card did not work when it was the
only installed cf card. When using this card as a second card, it worked
like a charm.

> Oh, and PS, you'd need to initialize the damn thing indeed (floppy drive
> necessary). If you don't, it might very well execute some random
> uninitialized code causing the error to appear? Initializing can be done
> on your MSX2+, because you don't need DOS2 for that (keep DEL pressed to
>   skip loading DOS2, keep INS pressed to skip loading the IDE-BIOS
> entirely).

That is what I was telling.
The code executed will probably be the bootsector of the card, which
contains pc-code. Same problem occurs when booting from a diskette which was
formatted on a pc.

Greetings
    Maico Arts
    MSX NBNO

--
This message was sent with an unlicensed evaluation version of
Novell NetMail. Please see http://www.netmail.com/ for details.