Some years ago, I posted on MSX.org about doing an "international" MSX meeting, during the world cup, so people in Brazil for the WC could meet us "Fudebas".

The idea I proposed was to take the small break in the World Cup after the 'groups stage' is over (usually a week, so tourists can see the country) and do the event somewhere near Maracanã Stadium, so it would be somewhere easy to be found by tourists...

...the idea was not very well received, and some points raised were actually very good: mainly prices in general (usually during world cup prices are much higher than normal for flights, hotels, etc) - and the huge ammount of people attending to the world cup, making it difficult to get anywhere.

I then gave up on the idea. If someone wants to do it, then by all means, do it - the way my year started, I'll probably be too busy - maybe even to attend to an MSX meeting :(