Ricardo,

As I said, I proposed that idea *a long time ago* - in 2010 to be exactly. I dig out the post I've made in msx.org:

http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/general-discussion/msx-rioworld-2014-everyone-please-read

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having problems with Graham Bell school... sounded as a really nice location. Maybe would be worth asking about how people organized the "canal-3" meeting? It was somewhere near (I think in the same street as Graham Bell), but I don't know for sure.

One place near Maracanã, which I'm negotianting with them as a possible location to "Joga Brasil" (To those who don't know what this is, is a brazilian games development event) - is the University "Veiga de Almeida". Maybe if I manage to close the deal to my event, I'd be able to propose a MSX Rio there...? I can't promess anything, it's been over a month I've been talking to them through emails, and haven't even met someone face to face yet.

Another place is the SENAI, also near Maracanã. If you want, I can pass along a contact I have there - but be warned, those guys are slow and not very reliable (I talked to them for over 4 months, 2 years in a row, and couldn't make JB there because the space they promised me was later used as a storage room) - but they have a room where they make regular expositions, and that room could easily host an MSX meeting event.

Anyway, I'm busy as hell here - between making my games, university and other works, I can barely sleep (who said Brazil only starts after Carnival...?) - let alone organize an MSX meeting... and for what I had in mind, I don't think there is enough time now to do it (even for people outside Brazil, buying *now* tickets and reserving hotels to june will be a hard task).

If this event was organized a year ago, or more, I think it could be easily done. If anyone wants to try it, be my guest. There are places where it can be held (both I mentioned are free, btw) but I think the timing now is wrong, concerning people outside Brazil.

Unless there is someone coming from outside to the World Cup (let us know!), I don't think now its the best time to get tickets to Brazil.

Best regards,

SLotman
Icon Games (http://www.icongames.com.br)
MSX Files & Megaram Project ( http://msx.icongames.com.br/ )