After about a week none of you, maintainers, have answered to my questions about these issues (and the other about the buggy compiler).

I don't see any logic in linking the ALT-F2 (New MinTTY instance) to the directory where the executable, which start MinTTY, lives.

I don't see any system where the terminal has this behavior. On GNU/Linux Mint, for example, with MATE desktop, the new instance of the terminal use as working initial directory that of the last instance. On other system, as macOS, the working folder is the user's HOME.

I don't any reason to continue to use, and suggest to use, this software if you do not provide any assistance...