Hi,

I updated my msys2 and python3 was updated from 3.4.6 to 3.6.1. Since then pip3 is broken.

$ pip3 install lxml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pip3", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pkg_resources'

The problem is that /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages is empty and the pip packages I already installed with python 3.4.5 are in /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages

My solution was to manually copy /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages to /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Is this the normal way to upgrade python3?

--
Erwin