On 9. 8. 2017 17:27, Andrew Lowe wrote:
Hi all,
     I've had a bit of a browse around google and couldn't find anything listed so I'm asking here.
I have a space constraint on my setup of Msys2 and in reviewing "what goes where and how
big" saw that there are many locales. Further googling revealed "localepurge", under
various Linux's, which can tidy/delete the unwanted locales and other localised bits and pieces.

     Pacman doesn't reveal a localepurge so I was wondering before I go and try
and get it to work under Msys2 does anyone either have this or something
similar working or have I missed something somewhere and the purge should not
take place - although I think this is not the case as I've manually spent ages
doing what localepurge does and Msys2 kept chugging along.

You can start with the localepurge PKGBUILD in
AUR<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/localepurge/> and the package building
guide<https://github.com/msys2/msys2/wiki/Creating-packages>.  I don't see anything
problematic with its usage in MSYS2, but I don't think we should add it as a pre-built
package

--
David Macek