Regarding English/Hindi translation systems, the Indian government is
currently setting up various Cross-Lingual Information Retrieval and
Machine-Aided Translation projects for this language pair.  More information
is available at:
http://www.tdil.gov.in/newsletter.htm

* Anuvadak : Machine Aided Translation System (English to Hindi)
The only contact address I could find for this system is:
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Also check out the following resource sites:

* EMILLE project
http://www.emille.lancs.ac.uk/

* http://www.hindi-language.com/

* http://www.word2word.com/