Voila! Hi Marc
Yes there is, the full address is http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/newcastletontrailbuilders/ but I have setup http://newcastleton.trailscotland.co.uk and it will go to the same place, its shorter and easier to remember. (note that its .co.uk if you use the .com address as in trailscotland.com it wont work) Cheers Stuart --- Marc Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I've sent Stuart an email about mailing list. > Really > liked the idea of having a bit of input to what's > going on there esp. if it comes over the border > (even > if its only turning up late and hammering a few tacs > in!) The guys involved are riders through and > through, there's no bull just getting on with it and > having a laugh. To be honest not what I was > expecting. Sorry but I forgot their names cos i'm > crap like that! > > I stayed in Keilder on Saturday night and decided to > ride around the 'cycle routes' to see what's on > offer > for the recreational mtber. It was pretty much how > I > expected the story to go: > > mile after mile cycle path-come-forestry access > gravel > compacted surface. > > straight climbs followed by straight descents. > > scenery consisting of pine trees, lots of them > > Not a great deal of thought gone into it really, in > away this would probably put most kids off mtbing > all > together as its labourious and very boring. I'm not > saying they need shore or jumps and drops, just some > consideration to what you see enroute and some > variation in the terrain to get the adrenaline > flowing. The place has the potential to generate > MTB > related tourism in the way it does over the border, > I'll be interested to see if changes happen in the > near future. > > I know its not everyones idea of how mtbing should > be > conducted but its good to see other sports getting a > chance. > > > --- Tim Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > On Saturday Marc and I went up to Newcastleton for > a > > look and to help finish > > off a section of the new black 'shore' trail. > There > > are big plans to extend > > the wood work and to join up with Keilder trails > > using singletrack. > > The shore is interestingly designed with berms, > > smallish drops and skinny > > lines so there should be something for everyone > and > > its never really high > > up. > > If you are interested there is a email group, > which > > I will try and find the > > address for. Building is alternate Saturday > mornings > > followed by a bit of a > > ride/muck about. > > > > Made me want to try out the Darkside at Mabie > which > > I haven't tried yet. > > Might see some of you at Fort William, don't know > > yet. > > > > Cheers Tim > > 1 Front Street, Rothbury, Northumberland, NE65 > 7UF. > > _______________________________________________ > > mtbne-l mailing list > > [email protected] > > http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l > > > > > > > ___________________________________________________________ > > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've > developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. > http://uk.security.yahoo.com > _______________________________________________ > mtbne-l mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l > ___________________________________________________________ To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ mtbne-l mailing list [email protected] http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
