-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

-----------------------------------------------------------
From: Vijayd8
Message 3 in Discussion

Hello aamir, I am using oracle 8i and with the connection string I have this small 
code which I am running private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
OleDbConnection objcon = new OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data 
Source=server1;User ID=userid;Password=pwd");
objcon.Open();
OleDbCommand objcmd = new OleDbCommand("select qty,lt_Desc from transmst",objcon);
OleDbDataAdapter objdb = new OleDbDataAdapter(objcmd);
DataSet objDS = new DataSet();
objdb.Fill(objDS);
DataGrid1.DataSource = objDS;
DataGrid1.DataBind();
} I get the following error
ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor 
However if I use a dsn connection it works
Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail 
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/mumbaiusergroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received 
this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed 
e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted 
from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to