Hi,

thanks for the answer so far.
A polyphase filter is a nice idea but it does not answer the problem.
The signal has to be demultiplexed (decimated), the different streams
have to be filtered, the results must be added to get the final output
signal.

My question has a different target.
Imagine you have two system (e.g. some convolution  boards with DSP).
Each system can just run a 512 tap filter. Now I like to connect the
two systems in series to mimic a desired 1024 tap filter. The 1024
kernel is known and shall be generated by the two 512 tap filters.
So what's a best way to decompose the known kernel into two parts ? Is
there any method described somewhere?

Uli