not at all (plus I never really heard beat frequency as a "tone", beating/a detectable period yes, but not a bassy tone)

-----Message d'origine----- From: Richard Dobson
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:49 PM
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Ghost tone

Isn't this simply the resultant tone (beat frequency)? Given the partial
are approx 30Hz apart, it would make complete sense that the resultant
tone would be in that region. It would be affected by room responses,
and rotating the heard while lisetnting will change the perceived
intensity etc.

Richard Dobson