I have two digital 12dB/octave state-variable filters, each with
lowpass/highpass/bandpass/notch outputs; I'd like to use them as a 24db/octave
low/high band splitter.

Will I be happy if I use the lowpass of the first filter as input to the
second, then take the lowpass and highpass outputs of the second as my bands,
or do I need to put the low and high outputs of the first filter into two
different second stage filters?

-Russell Borogove