Hi Clemens and Urs!

Time for a backflip from me, I completely agree with all the points you
have both made in that describing to customers that there are no delays in
feedback paths is much easier than describing implicit integration schemes.
The title I gave this thread is clearly wrong and attention grabbing for
which I apologize (but it did grab your attention didn't it ;)

So how about I start again? The point I actually meant to make but failed
completely to is this:

Since all DF1 (including RBJ cookbook) and other trapezoidal integrated
filters solve things without delays in feedback loops then simply stating
you use "Zero Delay Feedback filters" does not help much inform customers
anything special going on, as most of the time this will be the case.

What is useful is stating you use "Non-linear Zero Delay Filters", but how
much difference do you think that is going to make with customers? I fear
they will mostly just see the words Zero Delay Filters and not differential
much past that.

All the best,

Andy

cytomic - sound music software