On 2014-10-12, Peter S wrote:

There is no way that could be possible. And I never claimed that. Maybe my message was lost in translation.

I hear you well and clear: you seem to think information exists separate from someone's ability to decode it unambiguously. That is not how information theory works as usually understood. Rather, it works on the assumption that it's the receiver's ability to decode information which is the definition of information in the first place. You know, the kind of information you get by reading a clear copy of an encyclopedia or an errorless datagram from the network. Not the kind where the other person just declares they have a lot of information, and then all you get is a single digit of zero.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2