Oh, sorry about the 6 dB. I made the 16- and 32-bit versions, then noticed I
had the gain slider on the DP mixer pushed up. I pulled it back to 0 dB and
made new bounces, plus the residual and dithered version subsequently, but must
have grabbed the wrong 32-bit version for upload.

I have no idea what you’re implying about "IMHO this is 13bit worth of audio
inside a 16bit file”. I took care to have no gain after the truncation (except
the accidental 6 dB on the 32-bit file). If you mean that the peak loudness of
the synth isn’t hitting full scale, then, A) welcome to music, and B) it’s
immaterial—I could have had a louder sound with a similar tail that would have
produced the same distortion.

I’m not surprised you couldn’t hear it, as I said it required fairly high
listening levels and I don’t know what your equipment is. It can be heard on a
professional monitoring system. I’m monitoring off my TASCAM DM-3200, and it
does not have a loud headphone amp—I can’t hear it there. But it’s right on the
edge—if I boost it +6 dB I have no problem hearing it. But my monitoring
speakers get louder than the headphones, so I can hear it there. And I know
engineers who routinely monitor much louder than my gear can get.