>Naturally, there's going to be some jaggedness in the spectrum because
>of the noise. So, obviously, that is not sinc^2 then.

So your whole point is that it's not *exactly* sinc^2, but a slightly noisy
version thereof? My point was that there are no effects of resampling
visible in the graphs. That has nothing to do with exactly how the graphs
were generated, nor does insisting that the graphs are slightly noisy
address the point.

Indeed, you've already conceded that the resampling effects are not visible
in the graphs several posts back. It seems like you're just casting about
for some other issue that you can tell yourself you "won," and then call me
names, to feed your fragile ego. Honestly, it's a pretty sad spectacle and
I'm embarrassed for you. It really would be better for everyone - including
you - if you could interact in a good-faith, mature manner. Please make an
effort to start doing so, or you're pretty soon going to find that nobody
here will interact with you any more.

By the way, there's no reason for any jaggedness to appear in the plots,
given the lengths of data you were talking about. You might want to look
into spectral density estimation methods to trade off frequency resolution
and bin accuracy.  It's pretty standard statistical signal processing 101
stuff. Producing a very smooth graph from a long enough segment of data is
straightforward, if you use appropriate techniques (not just one big FFT of
the whole thing, that won't ever get rid of the noisiness no matter how
much data you throw at it).