Following the comments regarding the exponential
modulated noise segment;

My experience is that all such actual segments will be
spectrally coloured, because of course they contain
a truncated set of random values.

The only theoretically "flat" exciter is the Dirac impulse.

But because it contains so little energy its not that
practical for stimulating waveguides.

Better to construct a band-limited pulse from a finite
set of sinusoids right up to the Nyquist.
A problem is this will have a finite rise time.

A practical compromise I found is to use the exponential
decay segment, as it is, without a payload, and make it
jolly short. I guess as T -> 0 the behaviour tends towards
the Dirac pulse, but where T is just a few tens of samples
it works as a very clean, reliable exitor for waveguides.
(Indeed this is what you have in a lot of analogue percussion
synthesis)

Perhaps someone can show you what the spectrum is as
a function of T, its not "flat" but its a good trade off
between a theoretically perfect impulse and a practical
signal.

cheers,
Andy