I think what I am looking for would be the perfect reverb.

So that's the question reformulated: how could you construct a perfectly flat short reverb?

It's the same problem.

Am 29.07.2016 um 12:18 schrieb Tito Latini:
An idea is to create a kind of "ideal" residual: i.e. the transient is
a band-limited impulse and an enveloped (maybe expdec) noise is added
after two, three or a few samples. The parameters are:

     - noise env
     - delay of the noise in samples
     - transient-to-noise ratio (% of transient, % of noise)

The transient (band-limited impulse) is spectrally flat and the noise
adds the reverberation (you could start with a very low level).