* Martin Hermant <martin.herm...@gmail.com> [2017-02-10 11:19]:
> Thanks for these insights!
>
> @Peter :
> I like the two play heads solution (and I’m already using these for handling
> sudden jumps)
I like to put it like this:
> still It involves some playback logic, i.e you don’t play the end of the
> buffer the same way if you are looping or stoping, I’m I right?
I think you are right. In case where you stop, you only read with one of
the playback heads until the end. But in cases where you would do a
short fade-out at the end, it would again turn out to be the same way as
when looping but without fading in to the other playhead.
Put in other words: Crossfading between playheads means fading one out,
the other in. The other one reads a bit ahead of the first, so you need
to have access to a bit more audio date in buffer than your actual loop
length.

> I‘m in search of a ‘static method’ where buffer is processed once to ensure
> seamless looping ,
> may be there no such thing? may be it’s not worth it?
This works easily, but you can not add (overdub) material later, or
change the loop length.
An example how to do this can be found in the following sox script:
http://plessas.mur.at/devel/musger/mg_seemless

> though, this solution means having an extra zone added to the end or
> beginning to be able to keep sync (can’t start fade from sample 0 before the
> last sample is played)
Yes, see comment above.