This Kalman Filtering is over my head unfurtunately.

But there are also artefacts from modulating the filters, I am not sure if it would be worth the effort
to improve the estimate with Kalman filtering in this case.

The algorithm also finds a matching pitch on chords in same cases and it works surprisingly well with music sometimes, ( https://soundcloud.com/magnetic_winter/adaptive-ap-pitchtrack-w-poly-input/s-dlOyV )
so I am not sure if the jitter has the usual reasons for false estimates.
I can't think of anything time domain based that does that?
On the other hand, it's not working well (not much better) with easy and tamed monphonic input.

But given it's simplicity and tolerance to various inputs it might be useful for modular hardware.
I am not sure, I am not a modular guy myself.
And I dont know if you can do it all analog easily, case you need the atan 2 and phase unwrapping.

I woder if a cepstrum based pitch estimator would find the same pitches on polyphonic input