I played with minBLEPs about 15 years ago, and came to the same conclusion that
I’ve seen many others come to over the years: there’s no significant advantage
to minimum phase in typical synth use. Mainly, you need to have some delay to
line up a minBLEP, and there’s no tangible downside to having a little more
delay to align a symmetrical BLEP, and the latter is more convenient.

I would worry about the difference with non-linear processing exactly as much
as you worry about filter phase characteristics when using filters ahead of
non-linear processes—which is to say, typically not at all. ;-)