As usual, I'm duplicating here the announcement on KVR, since (I assume)
not everyone from this list is also present there.
The Art of VA Filter Design has been updated to 2.0.0alpha. Freely
available at this link:
Major highlights compared to the previous release:
- different presentation of Sallen-Key filters
- 8-pole ladders
- detailed discussion of nonlinearities
- "Butterworth filters of the 2nd kind"
- different presentation of shelving filters, high-order generalized
Butterworth and elliptic shelving
- generalized Linkwitz-Riley crossovers
- lots of theoretical stuff
- last but not least: a neat formula for the frequency shifter's poles
The book is a mixture of new research, common knowledge (presented from
the POV of the author) and reinventing the wheel. I would be thankful
for pointers to previous research, which I might not be aware of.
Some of the new material is used in the soon to be released Reaktor Core
macro library update, so it can be tried out (and looked into) directly
The book is in the "alpha" state, some of the material had only surface
checking and to an extent is a bit of a "work in progress".
Reaktor Application Architect
Native Instruments GmbH
dupswapdrop: music-dsp mailing list