Gecks:

Gecks wrote:

> ok, i've done so :) http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/EngineerRelationshipType
>
> basically, it's analogous with ArrangerRelationshipType in that you
> can specifiy an instrument (and additionally, vocal type)
>
> (whilst i was there, i amended the link phrases for both classes so
> that they include instrument and vocals)

Great!  This helps me understand.

I still have some uncertainties.

1. There are three uses of the AR name "engineered":
a. artist engineered {release} or {track}
b. artist engineered {instrument} on {album} or {track}
c. artist engineered {vocal type} on {album} or {track}
Perhaps the AR names in b. and c. should be "engineered instrument" and
"engineered vocal", consistent with
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/PerformerRelationshipType ?
(Same applies to 3 instances of "recorded".)

2. Shouldn't that be "release" instead of "album"?

3. Under "Description", I think it would be helpful to add "engineered
instrument" and "engineered vocal", explaining when to use them instead of
generic "engineered". (Same applies to "recorded instrument" and "recorded
vocal".)

4. Are the {instrument} and {vocal type} parameters identical to the
corresponding parameters in
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/PerformerRelationshipType ? It seems more
straightforward that they be identical.  If so, I suggest that the
explanation say that, and refer to InstrumentRelationshipAttribute and
VocalRelationshipAttribute .  Those attribute pages will also need revision
so that they talk about engineers and not just performers using the
attribute.

5. In the Relationship Attributes section, it doesn't say that the
Instrument and Vocal Type attributes apply to specific ARs only.  This
proposal doesn't include "Audio Engineered Vocal", right?  Then I think it
would be clearer for the Instrument and Vocal Type attributes description to
say the ARs to which the apply.

My CAD 0.02 as a clueless newbie,  (maybe this is turning into CAD 0.03)
       --Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada