On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 09:38:06AM +0200, Philipp Wolfer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > I think we should follow the formatting that the artist has chosen.
> > Some titles would look stupid if "/" were replaced with " / ". If
> > someone comes along and fixes stuff that isn't broken, add an
> > annotation or raise the release quality to high once it actually is of
> > hight quality.
> >
> > Philip
> >

> I don't think the missing spaces count as artist intent,

You only know what the ArtistIntent is if you ask the artist, which is
on a case by case basis :).  In general, for 'normal' releases I do not
object to adding spaces between two titles which are clearly seperate
song titles.  But when dealing with certain artists,
ConsistentOriginalData should be applied and the tracks should be
copied from the sleeve verbatim.  For example, you definitely do not
want to add spaces to the slashes in this track title:

http://musicbrainz.org/track/95f5b438-0dfe-4061-bbc2-c12612ca1f60.html

Ofcourse, this is just a single 'song' which just happens to have
three forward slashes in the song title.  There are probably examples
of seperate songs which, by virtue of ConsistentOriginalData also
do not get any extra spaces.  But this doesn't need to be part of
the MultipleTitleStyle guideline, as ConsistentOriginalData already
trumps that.

-- kuno / warp.