On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <davito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/6/7, Lukáš Lalinský <lalin...@gmail.com>:
>> I think that the guidelines regarding release/track titles should be
>> based on the previous guidelines, white-listing things that don't have
>> to be applied to recording/track titles. If we want to allow people to
>> submit releases "as on cover" without reading the release
>> group/recording guidelines, we will end up with a FreeDB clone.
>
> I really don't think so. IMO the problem with FreeDB is redundancy and
> mistakes, so that it is very difficult to decide which is the correct
> information when offered more than one answer and when you get only
> one release, you're not even sure it is error-free. What we are
> suggesting has nothing to do with these issues. Allowing to enter
> titles as printed would not create redundancy (in a way, it would be
> the contrary), and requiring to enter it as printed does not make it
> harder to check or correct.

"What is actually printed is a piece of information which has it's
value. I already said this before: if I had to choose between as
printed and normalized, I wouldn't hesitate and choose normalization.
But we can have both, and I know some (many?) users want the printed
data."

My thoughts exactly.

> --
> Frederic Da Vitoria
> (davitof)
>
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren