Den 21-03-2015 kl. 22:52 skrev David Gasaway:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Alexander VanValin <caller...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I should add, my real question is "what makes honorific titles a special
>> case?"
>
> What is problematic for me is that the artist name will change after
> the title is bestowed.  Then I end up with tags with distinct values.
> YMMV.

https://musicbrainz.org/artist/51823891-6035-4d6c-a007-b70a86747023/aliases

I say we keep things as they are. Some people are most known with "Sir"
or whatever, some people are not. Artist names can change for a
multitude of reasons, getting knighted is but one and I see no reason to
special case this over others.

FWIW, MusicBrainz Picard and beets are both able to "normalise" artist
names into whatever the current name in MB is, as well as being able to
use a locale specific alias if that is wanted. Either way, external
program behaviour should not dictate how we store data.

--
Namasté,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>