*Muslim Contribution To Abolishment of Slavery*
------------------------------
To mark the 200th anniversary of the legal abolishment of the slave trade
in Britain an event has been organised to understand the implications &
legacy of the slave trade, its relationship to poverty, and the positive
unique role Muslims played in its abolishment.

Slavery in various forms has been practised throughout human history which
has led to vast human misery, suffering, injustice and poverty. Different
societies and civilisations dealt with the inherited slavery problem using a
variety of approaches, ranging from legalisation, immediate abolishment to
phased elimination from society. The Islamic civilisation, although
condemning all forms of intellectual, physical and spiritual slavery adopted
the approach of phased elimination from society.

Various speakers will highlight the lessons we need to learn from the era of
slavery, its implications in the modern age and how we can prevent its
re-emergence in new forms.

*Date/Time: *Monday 26th March 2007 @ 5.30pm

*Venue:* Lecture Theatre, Central Library, Bolton

All Welcome.

Light Refreshments Provided.

*Event link:-*
http://www.thinkersforum.org/Muslim_...of_Slavery.php
<http://www.thinkersforum.org/Muslim_Contribution_To_Abolishment_of_Slavery.php>

*Poster:-
*http://www.thinkersforum.org/artman/...r_26_03_07.pdf

*Further Information:*

  - email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  - website: www.thinkersforum.org

--
Thinkers Forum International
A Global Intellectual Movement Working For Social Change

Vision :
'TFI to be the Leading Muslim Think Tank in Formulation, Development &
Implementation of Policy Proposals for Elevation of the Community in
Education, Socio-Economics (Poverty Alleviation) and Governance.'

If you would like to be unsubscribed from any mailing list then please reply
to this email.