On 19/07/14 08:42, Abel Cheung wrote:
For *human* who may check out the files themselves, I do try to add
comment on header (and sometimes inline) whenever I can remember, so
other people can notice. However, the question is specifically about how
the *machine* rendering those mutopia scores would behave. As Federico
Bruni said the question is related to how mutopia website is built.

To summarize, the goal is: downloadable PDF on mutopiaproject.org
<http://mutopiaproject.org> looks exactly what I expect, instead of
producing surprises for everybody.

Hi Abel,

At present the compilation of pieces for the website is not fully automated - the version of LilyPond to be used is indeed selected by a human. I use the following logic:

- For development \version statements match the LilyPond version exactly to avoid exactly the problems you describe

- For stable \version statements 2.18.0 (and 2.18.1) I will manually update the \version statement to 2.18.2 before compiling. This is mainly because convert-ly only updates to 2.18.0 and I think it makes sense to compile with the latest stable version which should produce an identical PDF.

In any case, if there are problems with the PDF produced it can easily be rebuilt if required.

Regards,

Chris