On 09.06.2015, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

> It sounds like you have something like this set up in your muttrc:
> macro index,pager <Tab> "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"

Yes, you're right, there's this one:

> The patch makes it unnecessary to "<toggle-mailboxes>" at the end.  If
> you hit Tab again, do your mailboxes appear?

Yes, they do. So it would be trivial to restore my old and well-known
behaviour by just adding an additional <tab> :-)

> In any case, this is pretty quick confirmation that the patch probably
> isn't a good idea.

In any case, sufficient explanation will be absolutely crucial. In my
opinion, most mutt users prefer mutt over any other MUA because of its
simplicity and customisability (including me - my basic .muttrc is last edited
in
1997 and still works as expected).

I think if this patch is a *real* improvement and its potential drawbacks can
easily be fixed in .muttrc, it may be worth the effort. To judge both,
more people should try the patch and report back.