On 2015-06-09 20:32 +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:

Ok, now I understand.  You have just created and bound your own version
of the macro that vanilla mutt binds to "y".  Which pretty much answers
all my questions from the other subthread, so no need to reply there.

Heinz> In any case, sufficient explanation will be absolutely
Heinz> crucial. In my opinion, most mutt users prefer mutt over any
Heinz> other MUA because of its simplicity and customisability
Heinz> (including me - my basic .muttrc is last edited in 1997 and still
Heinz> works as expected).

The problem is that there are different kinds of simplicity.  For
example, BASIC is a simple programming language.  Does mutt want to be
the BASIC of MUAs?  If yes, I don't want to use it :-(

I was hoping mutt was aiming to be _predictable_ above all.  And the
issue addressed by the patch is exactly a violation of predictability.