Kevin J. McCarthy:
I've added some notes on the 1.12 release to the UPDATING file in git.

For convenience, I take the liberty to crosspost it here in full:

1.12.0 (unreleased)

 ! $ssl_use_tlsv1 and ssl_use_tlsv1_1 now default to unset.
 + $auto_subscribe, when set, automatically adds an email with the List-Post
   header to the subscribe list.
 ! Fcc now occurs after sending a message.  If the fcc fails, mutt will prompt
   to try again, or to try another mailbox.
 + Basic protected header ("memory hole") support added for the Subject header.
   See the config vars: $crypt_protected_headers_read,
   $crypt_protected_headers_save, $crypt_protected_headers_subject,
   and $crypt_protected_headers_write.
 ! Color names can be prefixed with "light" in addition to "bright".  "bright"
   colors are bold face, while "light" are non-bold.
 ! Color commands can now include an attribute (e.g. bold, underline).
 ! $pgp_use_gpg_agent defaults set.
 + <descend-directory> in the browser menu allows entering nested maildir
   directories.
 + <group-chat-reply> replies to all, but preserves To recipients in the reply.
 + $include_encrypted, default unset, prevents separately encrypted contents
   from being included in a reply.  This helps prevent a decryption oracle
attack.
 ! With gpgme >= 1.11, recipient keys with a trailing '!' now force subkey use,
   as with classic gpg.
 ! In send mode, %{charset} mailcap expansion uses the current charset of the
   file.
 + $imap_fetch_chunk_size allows fetching new headers in groups of this size.
   This might help with timeouts during opening of huge mailboxes.
   If you have huge mailboxes, you should also try $imap_qresync.
 ! <toggle-write> can be invoked from the pager too.
 + The $forward_attachments quadoption allows including attachments in
   inline-forwards (i.e. $mime_forward unset, $forward_decode set.)

https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/blob/master/UPDATING

--
ilf

If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.