On 2022-01-13 15:36:04 -0600, Derek Martin wrote:
> So...  The only difference between this and hdrdefault is that
> hdrdefault's order does not matter.  This is a very minor difference,
> and the distinction disappears so long as you provide the "." rule
> first,

This would mean that it would not be possible to change the default
header color from a running Mutt.

Currently, my header color settings do not depend on any order as they
are mutually exclusive (which is a good thing for maintenance). But if
hdrdefault is removed, this would no longer be the case.

> just as you must already do with send-hook and every other

I don't use send-hook (and other hooks) on "color header".

> thing mutt provides with similar semantics, which don't have explicit
> default keywords.  Users familiar with other similar Mutt features
> should and would expect that, and in any case it should be likewise
> documented.
>
> Thus hdrdefault can be omitted by ensuring that a "." rule appear
> first in the list of rules, without loss of function (assuming of
> course that this were fixed, as I previously said): Therefore it is
> redundant, by definition.  If you want to argue that redundant means
> something different, please feel free to contact the fine folks at
> Oxford.  In any case this is precisely the meaning I intended when I
> wrote it.

It is not redundant when considering one can run commands from Mutt
(with <enter-command>).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>