On 2022-01-14 09:10:19 +0200, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 08:20:55PM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy (ke...@8t8.us)
> wrote:
>
> > I've been told other prefixes are often used in some lists, and the
> > practice is getting more common.
>
> Other prefixes have also long been used by some non-English speakers
> and lists. While it does have its downsides, I also understand the
> need, and I would like to conform to such customs in order to avoid
> accumulating mixed prefixes.

In any case, "Re: " is allowed by RFC 5322, thus must be recognized
by all MUAs, so that its use will avoid accumulating mixed prefixes.
If other MUAs don't recognize "Re: ", complain to them; but to
mitigate that, $reply_regexp can already be used. Alternatively,
Mutt could offer the choice not to use a prefix at all, as allowed
by the RFC (the "Re: " is optional).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>