Craig Gallek wrote in
 <a1c83ae429dbf0f2cfcba00627180...@gmail.com>:
 |On 2023-04-13 16:58, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
 |> Ian Collier (2023/04/13 17:11 +0100):

 |>> The server is lying to you that it supports AUTH=PLAIN.  Microsoft has
 |>> disabled
 |>> basic authentication across most of their services and you must use
 |>> XOAUTH2.
 |>>
 |>> See e.g.:
 |>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-will-turn-off-\
 |>> exchange-online-basic-auth-in-january/
 |>
 |> Many thanks. That's very unfortunate.
 |>
 |> Is there a reliable way to use XOAUTH2 support in mutt, then, please?
 |
 |I've managed to get this to work with gmail:
 |https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/blob/master/contrib/mutt_oauth2.py.REA\
 |DME#L85

My oauth2 script (somewhat like that one) failed a month ago with
my Microsoft test accounts, whereas it worked just nicely in last
October.  They must have messed around with the "tenant"s i think,
since another user that has a company (or university or what)
account still can use my thing (and the mutt one) to use
Microsoft.  (That is, last i tried IMAP worked, only SMTP they
somehow messed up.)

 |Never tried with office365, though...
 --End of <a1c83ae429dbf0f2cfcba00627180...@gmail.com>

--steffen