On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 05:05:31PM -0400, Craig Gallek wrote:
> I've managed to get this to work with gmail:
> https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/blob/master/contrib/mutt_oauth2.py.README#L85

I have used the mutt_oauth2.py script to authenticate against an institutional
office365 account over IMAP (script is at URL above with .README removed).  I
changed exactly two things in the script: (a) the GPG identity, and (b):
'client_id': '9e5f94bc-e8a4-4e73-b8be-63364c29d753'
(that's nicked from a recent public version of Thunderbird, which I
guess is not strictly kosher but it does work as long as you remember
this when you see the authorisation message from Microsoft asking if
Mozilla should be allowed access to your email.  The client secret is
the empty string for this id.  It saves the faff of having to create
an app registration and it allows the 'common' endpoints to work rather
than needing your tenant ID).

imc