Rejo dixit:
> ++ 12.03.1999, 17:45:14 (+0100) = [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> >I most times see pgp signed messages as an attachment in mutt, though others
> >I see the signatures in the body of the messages.  Why and how's this
> >difference?  How can one and another been achieved?
>
> This is because the PGP signature is a part of the MIME message [1].
> Don't know how to explain MIME, but it is, iirc, a way to add the
> attachments to an email. MIME messages have always these special MIME
> headers telling the mailer where which part is starting. The message
> text is one of these parts (text/plain i think) and the signature is
> another part (pgp/application i guess).
>
> If you would like to have it the normal way round you can do it by hand.
> Write the message, sign it manually and insert this signed text into the
> message you're composing.

I don't know if what you suggest would fiddle with the signature and then
produce a bad sig.  Is there no other way to choose between an attached
signature and a text signed message with mutt?

Please, could anyone send to me the variables that need to be added in
~/.muttrc for mutt-i to work with pgp versions 2.6.3i and 5.0i, and with gpg
altogether?  (or, a muttrc file with all of them)

TIA

Horacio.