On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 10:22:11AM -0500, Igor Schein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out that if you start mutt 0.95.4 in a smaller window, and
> then make the window wider, mutt crashes next time you send an email
> out.  I'm on Solaris 2.x, linking against Solaris curses library.

This is probably a bug in the Solaris curses library, it would not be
the first time.  But it could also be a problem with how mutt's
resizing code interacts with Solaris curses.  Which specific version of
Solaris 2 are you using?

Also, if mutt is crashing, you need to run gdb on the core dump
("gdb /path/to/mutt /path/to/core", making sure that you specify the
path to the same mutt binary as the one that crashed, then once you're
inside gdb type "bt".  If you only have dbx, do the same thing, but type
"where", I think, or if that's wrong, read the dbx man page and figure
out how to get a stack trace.)  Also, you need to send us the output of
"mutt -v".  With these things, we have a much better chance of tracking
down the bug.

-Daniel
--
Daniel Eisenbud