On Sat, 05 Jun 1999, phuzz phactor (Nathan Benson) wrote:

> would someone be kind enough to explain how I use filters with
> mutt?

You can use the procmail mail processing program for such
filterings. The latest version can be obtained from your friendly
neighbour mirror site:

        ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/mail/procmail/
        ftp://ftp.net.ohio-state.edu/pub/networking/mail/procmail/

> i'm trying to sort my mail into different folders based on different
> things like who it's from,...

That's the part which will procmail do.

bye, Wilhelm

--
==========>>>>>   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <<<<<===========
"And since you are the future keepers of everything, including music, we
 hope you will keep it well, with love, and in joy." (Frederick Fennell)