On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 01:19:38AM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > macro index \cs |'metamutt -D'\n
> > macro pager \cs |'metamutt -D'\n
> > # 'call metamutt -D to extract messages out of a digest message'
> >
> > I have the above in my muttrc to use metamutt to extract out messages
> > from a digest. It works fine on the samba list digest I get every day.
> > I access my machine by telnet almost exclusively. From work, I sit on
> > a PC and use telnet. From home I dial in to the university and telnet
> > from the account where it first places me. This latter system was down
> > yesterday so I went to the family private ISP and used Mac telnet from
> > there as I have done many times before. However this was the first time
> > I used mutt and hit "Control-s" for metamutt. mutt just froze. Control-C
> > and Control-Z would not work. I had to open another account and kill the
> > process. I tried this twice, once in the index and once in the pager. It
> > happened both times. Does anyone have any idea why?
>
> Often times ^S is bound by the terminal to 'suspend output'.  ^Q is usually
> the alternative to start it again.
>
> man stty for info on changing these settings.

Yes. I forgot that. I used to use it all the time 10 years ago on vaxen.
You are probably right. I had better use something different in muttrc to
use metamutt. I'll try it when I am at home over the weekend.

Cheers, Brian.

--
        Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)
Chemistry, Faculty of Science, IT and Education, Northern Territory University,