Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First of all -- in which version is this?  I've been using 1.0pre2,
> but that lacked the variable, so I got and compiled pre3.

Hmm, I've been using dev versions of Mutt for so long, it didn't occur
to me that such a simple feature wouldn't have been ported to the
released version.  I'm using Mutt 0.96.6i.

> What are the advanteges (or disadvantages) of $from, as compared
> against my_hdr From?

The main advantage I can see is that my_hdr From: conflicts with
reverse_name.  If you don't use reverse_name, I suppose it doesn't
matter much.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not