On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 08:46:53 +0200, Dirk Huebner wrote:
> Not long ago (exactly Tue, 19 Oct 1999) Byrial Jensen wrote:
>
> > Replace "<delete>" with "<delete-message>" to avoid the first
> > error message.
>
> Do you get error messages?

Yes, I got "Key is not bound." You must have the keybinding:

  bind index <delete> delete-message

which I don't have. Therefore I changed the key name "delete" to
the function name "delete-message" in the push command.

BTW the command "push <string>" can mean 3 different things:
1. If there exists a key named string, execute the function bound
   to that key, or else
2. if there exists a function named string, execute that function,
   or else
3. execute the functions bound to the keys <, s, t, r, i, n, g, >.

> > Again if no mails match the pattern (older than 2 weeks and not
> > flagged), a wrong mail is copied to mutt_backup (but again not
> > deleted because of the exit command).
>
> Oh my god, you are right! Haven't seen that. But it seems as if always
> the current message is saved then. Pressing "u" should work then. So the
> followig should fix the problem:
>
> folder-hook =lists/mutt 'push uT~r>2w!~F\n\;s=lists/mutt_backup\n\x'

Well, not really. You should place the 'u' (for undelete-message)
after the save operation to get any effect:

  folder-hook =lists/mutt 'push T~r>2w!~F\n\;s=lists/mutt_backup\nu'

But even if you do so, it will not work properly:

 - If some messages were tagged, and the current message happens to
   one of them, then it will not deleted from the "mutt" folder as
   it should.

 - And if no messages were tagged, then the current message will
   still be saved to the "mutt_backup" folder even though the 'u'
   saves it from being deleted from the "mutt" folder.

--
Byrial