On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:54:23PM +0000, Sean Rima wrote:

> > Why not have one gpg (or pgp) config file for all correspondents?
> >
> The problem is the fact that there are a few people on the Mutt list who use
> PGP2 and PGP5. These keys are not able to be used in GPG AFAIK. I have both
> GPG and PGP to get around this but would like to be able to set Mutt to
> choice the correct encryption tool depending on who the message is from
>
> Sean

        There's two ways to do this.

        First, to solve the receiving part, on your end. grab the rsa.c
program that's on the GnuPG FTP site (ftp.gnupg.org:/pub/gcrypt/contrib). That
will allow you to use GnuPG, to decrypt keys signed by PGP2 (which uses RSA).
With that, there is also an option that you can pass to GnuPG, that could sign
with an RSA key, that PGP2 would be able to understand. PGP5 should have no
problem with GnuPG, for sending or receiving. But, that extension for RSA
saved me a lot of trouble with GnuPG. Try it.

                                                        BL.
--
Brad Littlejohn                         | Email:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator,             |            [EMAIL PROTECTED]