1999-11-22-15:54:23 Sean Rima:
> The problem is the fact that there are a few people on the Mutt list who use
> PGP2 and PGP5. These keys are not able to be used in GPG AFAIK.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

If anybody is using patented algorithms that aren't supported in the core
gpg release, and you can't get 'em to switch to free algorithms, and you
want to process their pgp sigs/signing/whatever, download the appropriate
contrib modules to add support for those algorithms. You may be in violation
of patents for doing so, but then you'd probably be violating those same
patents to use any other free implementation. I believe ths source url for
these gizmos is <URL:ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/pub/gcrypt/contrib/>. I imagine if
you pull idea.c and rsa.c that should pretty well cover it; does anybody
actually use skipjack for anything?

-Bennett

PGP signature