On 1999-12-13 14:12:23 -0600, David DeSimone wrote:

> As near as I can tell, PGP support was changed to be more
> flexible, so that any command that might be sent to PGP, or
> another encryption program, can be formatted and scripted using
> the command variables, instead of being hard-coded into Mutt.

Precisely.  There is one generic interface for external programs, an
external key ring dumper (unless you use gpg), and a little shell
wrapper for pgp 5 and gpg brain damage (pardon ;-) with respect to
recipient parameters.

With the old version, each version of PGP had a couple of functions
which contained hard-coded invocation sequences.  That's not really
what you want to maintain in the long run...

--
http://www.guug.de/~roessler/