On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:37:43AM -0800, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> I guess the gist of my first question is this: I upgraded from 0.85 or
> so (I wish I could remember the exact version) to 1.0.1i and the colors
> no longer work. I made no other changes to the system configuration in
> the mean time (same terminal program, same .muttrc, etc...) It linked
> with ncurses during the make, so I can't figure out why the colors don't
> work.

What version of ncurses do you use?  I had problems with pre-4.0
versions of ncurses; 4.2 and currently 5.0 seem to work fine (except for
one little problem which I'm now trying to solve in ncurses mailing
list).

I've just installed Mandrake 7.0 and noticed that mutt is linked with
slang there.  Perhaps you should try recompiling mutt with slang?  Note,
that if you use stock version of slang, Alt+<key> will not work.  See
patch.slang-1.2.2.keypad.1 in contrib/ directory.  (Mandrake comes with
slang 1.3.8 and this problem is not yet fixed!  Do slang maintainers
know about this?)

[... snip ...]
> Just out of curiosity, do you generally have mail from different mailing
> lists filtered into different folders? It seems like it'd be much easier
> to manage that way...

It seems most of people prefer it that way.  Personally I use a couple
of mutt macros that give me "virtual folders" by using the (l)imit
command.  So I can see all my incoming mail in one place (when there are
just a couple of messages) or just hit <f3>...<f11> and look at messages
from different mailing lists (<f2> is "no limits", <f12> is for personal
messages).

<offtopic>
Sometimes I whish mutt would accept limit patterns which have no
matching messages...  After all, if you delete all visible messages and
hit $, your limit patter does not magically go away.  Also, sometimes I
wish there were a command for inverting currently active pattern...
</offtopic>

Marius Gedminas
--
Iki,
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real