* On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 12:28:55AM -0600, Alex Lane wrote:
> Keeping in mind this is not a PGP mail list, I nonetheless would be
> appreciative if anyone could explain why I get a signal 11 error when
> running pgp 6.5.2. The mutt docs I've looked at distinguish pgp2 and
> pgp5; is 6.5.2 a completely different animal?
>
> I may be taking a oversimplified view of things, but mutt 1.0i-2 (rpm
> distro for RHL 6.0) expects to see '/usr/bin/pgps' when I specify pgp5
> in the .muttrc file, apparently. So, I've tried renaming the pgp that
> came from Network Associates, and I've tried creating a symbolic link to
> the executable so that I can invoke 'pgps' and execute the file.
>
> What might I be doing wrong?

Not to give the impression I am talking to myself much these days,
but...

PGP 5.x appears to live in several executables, each specializing in
some part of the process. 'pgpk' one supposes, takes care of key
functions; other members of the crew are 'pgpv' and 'pgps' (there may be
more). My 'try' at a solution didn't amount to much.

Doing a bunch of browsing on the mutt home page helped lots. ("Kids, can
you say RTFM? I knew you could!")

Specifying pgp6 for use with the rpm binary in 1.0i doesn't do a heck of
a lot except generate error messages, I found.

Downloading mutt-1.0.1i, and then doing a straightforward
untar--config--make-install seems to straighten everything out just
right. Some functionality that appeared to have 'disappeared' from pgp
is now back, all is right with the world, and I can go back to sleep.

Cheers...
--
Alex Lane * Seabrook, Texas, USA  -*-  [EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.galexi.com/alex/
Never forget they're paying you by the hour, not by the solution.

PGP signature