Hi Suresh,

> On a standalone linux box connected over a dialup this is trivial - not
> when you are telneted into your mailbox which gives you just an 1 mb quota
>
> got it? :)

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me; now I understand what mbox is
for.:-)

Now I see, as I guess you did, too,  why I didn't have a clue on the usefulness of
mbox: I run a stand-alone laptop, which I connect to my ISP only a few times a day.
And I know what quotas are (read a brief description when prompted by the Slackware
installer whether I wanted to include support for them), but as you may guess I don't
really use them.

mbox is there for people who use "real" *nix systems with many users and therefore
restrictions on the harddrive space they may use, which has nothing to do with my case.

Anyway, I will follow your tip and set move=yes, because this way, when mutt starts, I
will only see new messages, making navigation easier, and will have all others
automatically stored in mbox. I think I will find this useful.

Once again, thank you for teaching me this. :-)

Cheers,

Manuel