On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 08:59:23PM +0200, Salvatore Greco wrote:
> I just installed the new Mutt [Mutt 1.2i (2000-05-09)] and when I fired
> up the program, it gave me the following errors:
>
> Error in /home/salvo/.muttrc, line 706: color: unknown command Error in
> /home/salvo/.muttrc, line 709: color: unknown command Error in
> /home/salvo/.muttrc, line 710: color: unknown command Error in
> /home/salvo/.muttrc, line 713: color: unknown command Error in
> /home/salvo/.muttrc, line 716: color: unknown command

<snip>

> I'm on a FreeBSD 3.4-stable machine (I installed the port and it went in
> seamlessly).

I've had similar problems with FreeBSD 3.4 and mutt 1.2i (I don't remember
whether I had similar problems with earlier versions of mutt).  It appears
to be related to the curses used in 3.4 (I'm assuming that you compiled
with ncurses).  I've noticed that configure indicates that none of the
features used for color by mutt are detected although ncurses.h is found
and the compilation completes just fine.

Compiling with slang should solve the problem.  Since this works, I
haven't taken the time to try and track down the problem with curses any
further.  AFAIK FreeBSD 3.4 uses an older version of curses for
compatability reasons.  The problem has been fixed under 4.0.

I use slang on my 3.4 box (colors work fine).  Curses works just fine with
4.0

--
Justin May
[EMAIL PROTECTED]