At  5:00 PM EDT on May 26 Anton Graham sent off:
> Both of these revolve around the use of sig-dashes.
>
> First, I have a corrspondent who (despite protests) uses the ``-- ``
> sequence to separate his message from the text he is replying to.

Sounds pretty perverse.  Maybe you could convince him (and only him) that the
proper "sig separator" sequence is really -*- or something?

> Needless to say, this causes mutt to syntax hilight the first
> paragraph of his reply as a signature.  Perhaps a check to see how
> many lines remain after the sig-dashes would be helpful in dealing
> with situations like this.  Say, for example, > 10 lines remain after
> sig-dashes means it's not a sig?  This would still provide enough
> space for the cast majority of over-long sigs.

But then this wouldn't look as good...<evil laugh>

> Second, I'd like to see a ``strip-from-sig-dashes'' type feature (a la
> pine).  It's merely a convenience.

You mean strip sigs from quoted text in a reply?  That's the editor's job
(although mutt used to do it), and can be done, for example, by using
http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/mutt/post.el.gz with emacs(client).

--
                         nnnnnnHHHHHHHHHHHHHnnnnnn
                   nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHn
     HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH^^~"    ~H~    ~~^^HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:^                    ^HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
   nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:                       ^HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHn
   HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH::                        ^HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:                   .      HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH|:                          |HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 HHHHHHHHHHHHHH%%%%:::H|: ~~~~----- -      ------  |:::%%%%HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 HH~              ~HHHH|:   ~~  -----    - ---     |HHHH~              ~HH
                   HHHH|:\\\.                 ./// |HHHH
     ____________   HHH|: \\\\\\\\. / \ .////////  |HHH
    /____________\   HH|:=-- ----  \.  : (_@_> .   |HH
   /%%%%%%%%%%%  %\   H|:   ~-- ~~:|.  :   ~ -'   :|H
  |%%%%%%%%%%%%%  %|  ||:        .:|.  :         :'||   "To my good,dear
   \=---%%%%%%%' %/   \|:       .:/.   '\        : |/      friends..."
  /:   _)%%%%%'.--.    |:.      :(.     .)\      : |
 ( _-=%%%%%%'.%(  )    |:|     /::::._.-~  \       |
Ambassodor Londo Mollari by "Dr.Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/
PGP Key: http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/pgp.html