Hi all!

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Nigel Tamplin wrote:

> I have noticed that many people have a humorous tag line at the end of
> their emails.
>
> I have also read in the mutt docs that you can pipe the output of a
> command into your signature.
>
> I want to combine these, so that when I compose an email it picks a
> tag line from a collection of tag lines and sets that as the
> signature.
>
> Are there any tools/ scripts written that do this?
I use sigrot. It has an archive (aka an flat file) with signatures, each
separated by an EMPTY line. You can also define a prefix (and mayby a sufffix)
which are prepended and appended to the signature. Thats written into your
~/.signature.

I use to change my sig daily via cron.

And at last mutt also supports different signatures ... for instance to differ
business and privat mail.

Good luck.

Ciao for now, Dirk
--
Dirk Ruediger, Rostock, Germany

Anyone can become angry -- that is easy; but to be angry with the right
person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose
and in the right way -- that is not easy.
                -- Aristotle